Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

This Year's Travel Plans

The weekend before last my wife and I attended a fund raising luncheon in Miami. It was held aboard one of the cruise ships and in addition to the luncheon, fashion show and the like there was a silent auction. We bid on a few items for one of our daughters who is expecting twins this summer. We also bid on a few 'mini-vacation' items and, as luck would have it, we won some. Later I was thinking that we have quite a full calendar with travel.

We have three days at a golf resort in Georgia. This is great! I absolutely do not play golf but we'll take our grandson and a friend. They can play golf. Then we have three days in Orlando at MGM Studios or Universal Studios. I'm really not sure which but I'm sure my wife will let me know.

On the 6th of April we will be taking a Caribbean cruise for a week. This is a cruise that my wife won playing Bingo on our 64 day Asia, Australia and Polynesia cruise last fall. In the spring we have been taking Transatlantic cruises to Europe and spending a week there. This year it looks like it will be the Caribbean.

In July or August we will fly to Eureka, CA to visit our two newest grandchildren. Don't know yet the due date for the twins.

On around the middle of October we will be in Detroit for my father-in-law's birthday. This will be the big one. He will be 100 years old!

The week after the birthday party in Detroit we will fly to Athens, Greece and start a cruise on our favorite ship, Holland America's MS Prinsendam. This 26 day cruise will stop another of ports in the Med in addition to the Azores, Canaries and Madiera and then across the Atlantic to Fort Lauderdale.

Quite a year for travel!

No comments: