Pages

Friday, October 05, 2012

Mary (Tierney) Eagan in the 1915 NY State Census

Here is the 1915 NY State Census record for my great-grandmother, Mary Tierney Eagan, and my grand-aunt, Sarah Eagan. (Line 31 on the second page.) They are living at the Eagan home at 108 Atkinson Street. There is also a border living there a George L. Carlton, a 42 year old cigar salesman.  There is also an additional individual, George F. Eagan, a 40 year old butcher. I don't have a clue as to who he really is. He is listed as a "brother" of the head of household, i.e., a brother of my great-grandmother. If he is her brother shouldn't be named "George F. Tierney?" Also he is 46 years younger than my great-grandmother - not impossible but not very likely. I am pretty sure he is not a "brother" of any of the Eagan siblings. It is almost impossible to determine which individual provided the information to the census taker.

Just one other piece of information in the record.  My great-grandmother's entry notes that she had been in the United States for 60 years. That is obviously an approximation as we know that she had been in the United States for at least for 62 years as her oldest daughter, Catherine, was born in 1853 in Medina, NY.

Mary Tierney Eagan in the 1915 NY State Census

No comments: